Young Marsilius Fellows - Current
Young Marsilius Fellows 2022/23
Following the recommendation of the Selection Committee, the Directors of the Marsilius Kolleg appointed twelve academics as Young Marsilius Fellows 2022/23.
Podcast Young Marsilius Fellows 2022
Giving, helping and behaving charitably plays an important role for individual as well as for social spaces and relationships. How can the central concept of "altruism" be defined and can one learn to behave accordingly? Conversely, can one be a good person without being altruistic? These and other questions will be discussed by four Young Marsilius Fellows from the perspective of law (Torben Ellerbrok), psychology (Stefanie Peykarjou), theology (Alida C. Euler), and American studies (Natalie Rauscher).
Young Marsilius Fellowships
Duration: 1 October 2022 to 30 September 2023
Application deadline: 20 July 2022
The Marsilius Kolleg is awarding up to 12 one-year "Young Marsilius Fellowships for Interdisciplinarity and Science Communication". Heidelberg postdoctoral researchers (up to 4 years after PhD) and advanced PhD students with a clear postdoc perspective are invited to apply by 20 July 2022.
Key features of the Young Marsilius Fellowship Program (YMFP) are:
- Up to 12 one-year fellowships per year (starting in the winter semester)
- Target group: postdoctoral researchers (up to 4 years after PhD) and advanced PhD students with a clear postdoc perspective from all disciplines at Heidelberg University and local extra-university research institutions
- Languages: German and English; applicants should be able to follow lectures and discussions in both languages
- Manageable time commitment of the YM Fellows, training opportunities in science communication (Nature Marsilius Visiting Professorship) and focus on a common goal (final symposium)
- Budget: € 5,000 per fellowship to be used freely for own research and academic training
- The annual motto of the first call is "Space & Time". It is deliberately based on the current issue of the research magazine "Ruperto Carola" (in German) and is very open to allow connections to all disciplines.
We encourage all young scholars in the target group to participate in this call and we are looking forward to receiving your applications.
Interested postdoctoral researchers should contact the office of the Marsilius Kolleg; The contact person is the administrative director of the Marsilius-Kolleg, Mr. Just (firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 06221 54 3981).
Applicants are requested to use the online application form (Word version here). Applications submitted by other means will not be considered.
Please find more information about the YMFP, the application modalities and the dates in the call for applications.
Symposium Young Marsilius Fellows 2022
WissenSchafFt PERSPEKTIVEN [SCIENCE PERSPECTIVES]
For one year, the first generation of Young Marsilius Fellows changed perspectives: As an interdisciplinary group of 13 Heidelberg postdocs from a broad range of disciplines, we opened up new insights to each other. And we thought about how to communicate the findings of our research to a broad audience in an exciting and generally understandable way.
We will present the results in the frame of a final symposium "WissenSchafFt PERSPEKTIVEN" on Thursday, July 14, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Marsilius Kolleg. Registration is open to all students, researchers and the interested public.
Click here for further information.