Duration: 1 October 2023 to 30 September 2024
Application deadline: 23 June 2023
The Marsilius Kolleg is awarding up to 12 one-year "Young Marsilius Fellowships for Interdisciplinarity and Science Communication". Heidelberg postdoctoral researchers (up to 4 years after PhD) and advanced PhD students with a clear postdoc perspective are invited to apply by 23 June 2023.
Key features of the Young Marsilius Fellowship Program (YMFP) are:
- Up to 12 one-year fellowships per year (starting in the winter semester)
- Target group: postdoctoral researchers (up to 4 years after PhD) and advanced PhD students with a clear postdoc perspective from all disciplines at Heidelberg University and local extra-university research institutions
- Languages: German and English; applicants should be able to follow lectures and discussions in both languages
- Manageable time commitment of the YM Fellows, training opportunities in science communication (Nature Marsilius Visiting Professorship) and focus on a common goal (final symposium)
- Budget: € 5,000 per fellowship to be used freely for own research and academic training
- The annual motto of the first call is "Beginning & End". It is deliberately based on the current issue of the research magazine "Ruperto Carola" (in German) and is very open to allow connections to all disciplines.
We encourage all young scholars in the target group to participate in this call and we are looking forward to receiving your applications.
Interested postdoctoral researchers should contact the office of the Marsilius Kolleg; The contact person is the administrative director of the Marsilius-Kolleg, Mr. Just (email@example.com; phone: 06221 54 3981).
Applicants are requested to use the online application form (Word version here). Applications submitted by other means will not be considered.
Please find more information about the YMFP, the application modalities and the dates in the call for applications.
Fellow classes from 2008 - 2022