Health for All by the year 2030?
February 16-17 2017
The purpose of this multidisciplinary symposium is to explore, what it takes to achieve “health for all by the year 2030” in terms of global advocacy networks, domestic and international financing, and accountability mechanisms. It refers to the health goal in the new global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which include the promise to provide universal health coverage (UHC) globally till the year 2030. The seminar will be organized along the following themes
- The emergence of UHC as a rights-based global health policy framework;
- The international dimension of UHC: obligation or charity;
- UHC and accountability.
February 16: Public lecture, 17.00 h - 19.00 h
February 17: Symposium, 9.00 h - 17.00 h (registered participants only)
- Prof. Albrecht Jahn, Heidelberg
- Prof. Gorik Ooms, London
- Dr. Claudia Beiersmann, Heidelberg
- Prof. Jale Tosun, Heidelberg
- Prof. Bernd Grzeszick, Heidelberg
- Hilde Gold-Feuchtmüller, Heidelberg
Where: Marsilius-Kolleg - Hörsaal, INF 130.1, 69120 Heidelberg