Key Data of the Marsilius-Kolleg
- 7 Fellows classes since 2008
- Total of 82 Fellowships for a total of 70 academics
- Incarnation as a paradigm of evolutionary cultural anthropology (2013-2016)
- Equality and inequality in liver allocation (2013-2014)
- Ethical and legal aspects of the total human genome sequencing (2011-2014)
- The Global Governance of Climate Engineering (2009-2012)
- People and Human Dignity (2008-2011)
- Perspectives of Ageing in the Process of Social and Cultural Change (2008-2011)
Thematic schools for young scientists:
- Accountability - a useful illusion? (2009)
- Healthy aging - individual and societal challenges (2009)
- Governing Climate Engineering - A Transdisciplinary Summer School (2010)
- Bridging the Water Gap - Interdisciplinary Perspectives (2010)
- The (un) transparent human being. How far can one see into a person? (2011)
- New Interdisciplinary Anthropology: Body - Mind - Culture (2012)
- Violence and Altruism (2013)
- Synthetic biology - the promises and risks of modern biotechnology
- Young and Old - two stages of life under pressure of optimization (2015)
- Anthropology of Perception (2015)
- Early Childhood in Transition. Interdisciplinary Perspectives (2016)
- European Summer School for Innovation in Chronic Disease Intervention: euVENTION (2017)
- lecture series with renowned speakers from various disciplines, aimed at the general public.
- Former Speakers: among others, Günter Blobel (Nobel Prize 1999), Wolfgang Frühwald, Christiane Nüsslein-Volhardt (Nobel Prize 1995), Jörg Widmann, Edna B. Foa, Simon White, Alvin Roth (Nobel Prize 2012), Onur Güntürkün, Hans -Jörg Rheinberger, Felix Schürmann, Melanie Wald-Fuhrmann, Elio Riboli, Jutta Allmendinger, Joachim von Braun, Elke Seefried, Kevin Esvelt.
- Bridges seminars on cross-cutting issues (such as "evolution" or "neurobiology of the mind") are conducted jointly by at least two lecturers from different fields.
- The additional studies can be completed with the Marsilius Certificate.
- "Writings of Marsilius Kolleg": scientific book series, so far 16 volumes
- "Forum Marsilius Kolleg": Online Journal of the Marsilius Kolleg, so far 15 editions
- Numerous publications of Fellows and projects in professional journals
Latest Revision: 2018-02-23