Some facts about the „Haus Buhl“
· Pervious carcass building was destroyed in the Palatin war of succession (1688-1697)
· 1722: The “Haus Buhl” was built by architect Johann Jakob Rischer and the house builder Prof. Friedrich Gerhard von Lünenschloß; two gates of the previous building were integrated within the new baroque palace
· 1770-1784: extensive renovations represent the style of transition from late baroque to early classicism
· 1889: Heinrich Buhl, lawyer and university professor, acquired the “Haus Buhl”
· 1907: Heinrich Buhl donated the building to his university for a charitable purpose
· 1938: hostel for international guests of the university
· 1945-1948: confiscation by the Allied
· 1948: students’ and festival building
· 1986: renovation in the style of the late 18th century.
· 2007: Move-in of the Marsilius-Kolleg into the ground floor.
· 2007-2016: Ground floor of the House Buhl is home to the Marsilius-Kolleg offices
More information on the “Haus Buhl” can be found on the German webpage.